Friday, May 20, 2011

Kalman, Bearden & Rockwell


Forgive me, I've been lax with blogging and social media stuff lately. It might not be a bad thing. Instead, I've been letting inspiration hit me in the real world by going to museums and galleries, visiting book stores, reading, writing, and spending time with my children.

A sampling of some of my favorites by: Maira Kalman, Romare Bearden and Norman Rockwell.



















On the book making front: I've begun painting art for Daddy Christmas and Hanukkah Mama– looks like I'll be doing the holidays in my studio all summer... Also, something I've discovered is that I like doing research, as I try my hand at non-fiction writing for children (I can't say much about the project at this early stage– just that I'm inspired!) Stay tuned.


No comments: