Thursday, April 25, 2013

Seven Things this Spring

Seven Things to note this Spring:

1)  My interview at SEVEN IMPOSSIBLE THINGS BEFORE BREAKFAST is here.

For those who don't know, 7 Imp is the most comprehensive picture book blog out there.  I am incredibly thrilled - and honored - to have been interviewed.

2)  At the beginning of April I was the Key Note speaker at SCBWI's Poconos conference.  My designer at Knopf, Jinna Shin, and I ran picture book making workshops with a lovely group of  dedicated illustrators.  Also, it was the best food at a conference EVER.

3)  I will be appearing at the TRIBECA FILM FESTIVAL.  It's a new thing to include books at this super cool film fest.  On April 27, join me at the Duane Street Stage (Hudson & Greenwich) at 3pm.

4)  I will be running one of my Transportation Workshops for kids (making trains based on MY SUBWAY RIDE) on May 11.  Location: Sunset Park's Brooklyn Public Library at 2pm.

5)  It's CHILDREN'S BOOK WEEK!  On May 18, I'll be at Barnes & Nobles on 7th Avenue (Park Slope) at 12:30 for Story Time... and, then (double whammy!), at 3pm I'll be doing a draw-off at Greenlight Bookstore with some other illustrators.

6)  The always wonderful FIFTH AVENUE STREET FAIR in Park Slope is coming up!  On May 19, Sean Qualls will be there selling books + prints.

7)  It's Mixed Heritage Story Time at Greenlight Bookstore.  Join me on Saturday May 25 at 11am for a reading of I'M YOUR PEANUT BUTTER BIG BROTHER and other books about multicultural heritage.

Happy Spring!

No comments: